There’s no need to continue to stress yourself out plowing through a host of themes in hopes of finding something that just might suit your immediate needs.
“Just might” is not a very good description to hang your hat on.
If you narrow your search down to 15 or so of the top WordPress themes going into 2020 you should easily find what you need. Better yet, we’ve already narrowed the search for you. Add the fact that WordPress will take care of the administrative features for you, and you should be good to go.
If you won’t settle for anything less than a pixel perfect, 100% responsive, SEO friendly, modern, flexible and WooCommerce ready theme, you’ll still be good to go.
We can prove it; read on to see for yourself.
- BeTheme – Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme
This premium multipurpose WordPress theme, the biggest of them all, is hard to beat in terms of its huge array of tools, features and options, performance, flexibility, and its level of support. Visit BeTheme’s website and you’ll be well into your second cup of coffee by the time you begin to have a good understanding of what this theme can help you accomplish.
- The highlight is the selection of 500+ customizable, responsive pre-built websites. These professionally crafted design aids cover 30 industry sectors, all the major website types like portfolio, one-pager, etc., and a wide variety of business niches.
They also have functionality and UX features embedded right into them, plus they are customizable and responsive.
- The popular Muffin Builder 3 page builder, with the WPBakery page builder as an option
- A Layouts Configurator if you decide to build a page from scratch.
- A Shortcode Generator and a large selection of shortcodes that, together with BeTheme’s other features, eliminates any need for coding.
- A powerful Admin Panel that serves to give you all the flexibility you want.
“This theme is the best for WordPress, the layout and flexibility are perfect to develop a site.” – Joso970
Learn more about Be’s 40+ core features by clicking on the banner.
- Total Theme
This WordPress theme has been around a while. It has helped more than 41,000 users build premium websites, and it comes with more useful features than you’ll find in most themes of its type and purpose.
Total is and has
- Drag and drop and extremely easy to use
- Developer-friendly hooks, filters, and 450+ snippets
- A Theme Customizer that allows you to quickly change site colors, widths, font characteristics, etc.
- 100+ page builder elements and extra design modules, along with 500+advanced customizing and styling options
Total’s package includes the popular WPBakery page builder, 40+ pre-built demos, and a quick start demo importer, Revolution Slider and Layer Slider; and Total is WooCommerce ready.
Total is also compatible with most of the popular WordPress plugins. So, you won’t have to be burdened down with an excessive number of third-party plugins.
“I’ve been a loyal customer of Total theme for years. Support is impressively quick, useful and accurate. The theme will allow one to build virtually anything you want. AJ and his team are terrific, and there is no reason to buy any other theme.” – donnieweaver
Avada has been the #1 selling theme over the past 6 years. There must be a reason – or several. It could be
- a Dynamic Content System that gives users tremendous flexibility
- Flawless WooCommerce integration including the capability to drag and drop product designs
- 55+ pre-built websites to help you build and launch quickly – without coding
You can also import full or partial demos with Avada or use sections from several demos.
“There’s really NOTHING you can’t do with the Avada theme AND they have the best support team of any Theme out there – really!” – MamaSara
Click on the banner to learn more about this best-selling theme.
- Houzez – Highly Customizable Real Estate WordPress Theme
Asking a multipurpose theme to provide a solution when a specialty theme is really what is needed is asking too much. Houzez has all the features and functionality a real estate agent or agency is ever likely to need, including
- property listings formatting options
- advanced property search capabilities
- a property management system
Plus, the Houzez theme can be customized to fit an agency’s business model.
“Awesome and very flexible theme and customer support is excellent.” – mardenvato
In need of a specialized theme for realtors? Look no further.
- TheGem – Creative Multi-Purpose High-Performance WordPress Theme
Some describe TheGem as having the most beautiful designs for WordPress. Others refer to it as being the ultimate WordPress toolbox for designers. In truth, both descriptions are true.
The package includes
- 100+ pre-built, one-click installable websites plus 400+ trendy design templates
- the powerful WPBakery page builder
a ready-to-launch fashion store
I love TheGem Creative Multi-Purpose High Performance Theme. I plan to utilize it for all of my clients. I’m getting some of them to change over as I update their websites.” – acreator7
The ultimate design toolbox is but a click away.
- Uncode – Creative Multiuse WordPress Theme
Agencies, bloggers, freelancers, and creatives can all benefit from choosing Uncode, as can businesses or anyone wanting to create a portfolio website, a magazine website, or any type of landing page.
- a front-end editor on steroids
- Adaptive image and grid systems
- WooCommerce single product features
and more, but the star of the show has to be ThemeForest’s best-sellers showcase of user-created websites which tells a story of what this theme could do for you, why it claims 60K+ sales, and why it is a source of inspiration.
“Easy to use theme and customizable to ones need. I give 5 stars for theme support. Really happy!!” – rchakaipa
Click on the banner to visit the Uncode and its remarkable showcase of websites.
Rather than trying to list Bridge’s most likely benefactors, saying that this theme is perfect for just about anyone is more than sufficient. This best-selling creative theme’s features include
- 420+ premade websites
- open-ended customizability
- huge collections of modules, design elements, sliders, and plugins including WooCommerce, as well as both the WPBakery and Elementor page builders
- 5-star rated support
It should also be noted that Bridge serves a community of 120,000+ happy users.
“Very flexible, the demos are beautiful!” – rebecajobs
Click on the banner for a closer look.
- Brook – Multipurpose Creative WordPress Theme
The testimonial is typical and says it all. An abundance of cool features makes Brook a web designer’s dream. In the package, you’ll find a huge collection of premade templates, premium site-building plugins, shortcodes, and design elements. Also, Brook is
- superfast loading
- SEO optimized
- easily customizable
As a bonus, there’s a library of support tutorials you can also view to find out more about Brook.
“COSTUMER SUPPORT 5++++++++++
Feature request 5+++++++++
Everything on highest level
This is first time I get this kind of experience.” – souldisco
Visit the site and check out a video tutorial or two.
- XStore | Responsive Multi-Purpose WooCommerce WordPress Theme
Could you use a ready-to-go shop to get an online business started? How about 80 of them? That’s what XStore brings to the table; and there’s more:
- $300+ worth of premium plugins
- a single product page builder
- a powerful header builder
- demos for a wide variety of products and retail items
In other words, everything you could wish for to get your show on the road.
“As a Graphic Designer, not a web designer, I base my purchases on quality and customer service. I’ve purchased XStore twice and they always have the best customer service if I have a question or problem. Also, the plugins they include for this theme are fantastic value.” – Chelsdevauld
Click on the banner to check out one or more of 80 stores.
- Typer – Amazing Theme with Multi Author Publishing Features
Typer may just be the ultimate WordPress theme for publishers in general and bloggers in particular. The 100% Gutenburg optimization provides powerful support for creating blog posts while the Elementor visual page builder enables Typer users to create attractive, professionally-design landing pages.
- No coding knowledge is needed
- Typer is optimized for speed + real lazy load images
- unlimited Header style and unique page and post options
You can also expect to receive premium support should you require it.
“Theme is awesome! Exactly what I needed for my site! Definitely recommend this purchase.” – chriscurran
Click on the banner if a premier publishing theme is on your wish list.
- Pofo – Creative Portfolio, Blog and eCommerce WordPress Theme
As its name suggests, Pofo is an excellent choice for anyone in need of building an attention-getting and engaging online portfolio. After all, a good portfolio design is often a key factor contributing to a business’s success.
- Pofo is blazing fast, fully responsive and Gutenberg compatible
- This theme offers a wide selection of home and demo pages, design elements, and valuable and useful plugins
Features include the WPBakery page builder, Revolution Slider, and detailed online documentation.
“Pofo is beautiful in design, layout, UX/UI, and color scheme. It’s truly 5 stars. However, with such a great product without a great customer support, it can mean nothing because it won’t allow you to achieve what your needs are. My 5 stars go to customer service!” – KARCIS
Click on the banner to discover more about this multi-purpose theme.
Schema is not your run-of-the-mill premium multipurpose theme. It has many if not most of the features of other premium themes along with one very significant difference: SEO functionality
- Schema knows what search engines seek
- Schema guides search engines through your site – content element by content element
- Schema checks for clean code and other factors that can affect website rankings
Schema is also fully responsive, ultra-fast, and is compatible with multiple page builders.
“Gorgeous design, super-fast response to my question too. thank you for a wonderful theme :)” simonehow
If SEO is a pain in the neck for you, click on the banner for a solution.
- Leadinjection – WordPress Landing Page Theme
With Leadinjection, you can do something well that can be very tricky or even impossible with most WordPress themes. Leadinjection is a landing page theme that is uniquely capable of adding a landing page to an already up-and-running website.
- WordPress Multisite Compatible
- Conversion Focused
- WPML and Translation Ready
This is a good tool to have if you have one or more websites to maintain.
This theme has some very cool features, and most importantly it is pretty well-documented and very well supported. The developers have been very helpful every time I’ve had a question. -frankdl98
Add Leadinjection to your web design toolkit.
- TheFox | Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme
It may or may not be a stretch to call TheFox the smartest of ThemeForest’s WordPress themes. But, it certainly has the essential features and elements to back up such a claim.
Maybe it’s because TheFox’s design takes into account the tiniest of details. Whatever the reason, this multi-purpose theme has a solid track record and is a good investment.
“I have been very impressed with TheFox theme. The design and customizability are great and very straight forward. The Customer support is top notch.” – bc hughes
- Hongo – Modern & Multipurpose WooCommerce WordPress Theme
Hongo’s new look makes it especially noteworthy, plus the package features plenty of demos, templates, and other creative design elements, WPBakery, one-click demo import, and custom shortcodes.
- Out of the box premium eCommerce features included
- Conversion optimised and modern looking product listing and product detail page styles
- Hongo designs are awarded at many well known awards like awwwards.com, cssdesignawards.com and many others
“Simply the great designs and best theme for WooCommerce, loading fast, customisable and easy to use with the detailed documentation. Their support team is technically sound and very kind to guide wherever needed. We have bought some other themes from ThemeZaa now and they have never lets us down, thanks!” – diyaatps
So don’t wait and start selling your products with Hongo!
The emphasis in this article is on multipurpose themes. It is what many designers, and especially beginners, tend to look for. We’ve included several more specialized themes, one of which serves a particular niche, and others that can be used for a variety of website types.
All 15 themes have many things in common such as excellent flexibility and performance, speed, ease of use, and a large and varied selection of design aids. What this means to you is that you really can’t make a poor choice and should have little difficulty in making the best one.
Please feel free to share this article with a friend or on social media. We’d love to hear about your shopping experience.